Hello Bangladesh! One & Only fence is here
It’s easy to think everything is possible with location based content, but you need a starting point and there’s a certain concept behind this platform. Basically it works with one app (available for iOS and Android) for all customers to push geofence and Bluetooth beacon notifications, and a web based platform to manage content and scenarios for this app.
Not all geofences and beacons entered in the platform are loaded by default. This would mean a performance impact and lead to potentially unwanted collisions and interference. End users need to activate places for which they want to receive location based content by scanning a QR or entering a code.
We can create multiple apps for multiple businesses with one platform. It’s possible to create your own app based on the API or modify Pulse Places to suit your needs. We can create an app – for example a restaurant, store or event app – which loads certain beacons and geofences in the background, without the user having to enter a code or scan a QR.
Geofences are not accurate. Its device dependent and you need to move at least a couple of meters in order to trigger a change. In case of an iPhone, you might even need to move a couple of hundred meters. The radius of a geofence should be at least 50 meters.
As a rule of thumb, use geofences to target large regions and Bluetooth beacons for detailed object or place related content. For example, we can set up one geofence for a store, and multiple beacons for products.
While Bluetooth beacons are more precise, there are differences in response for 30 seconds or more depending on device and situation. Especially when triggering out-of-range scenarios, because the device needs to make sure there the bluetooth signal is gone and that it’s no temporary lag. We can configure the range (signal strength) and polling interval of a beacon with the manufacturer’s app. The higher the interval, the faster the response, but the more battery power it will take.
Bluetooth signals are blocked by metal, water and concrete. Since humans are 60% water, you might want to place the beacons at ceiling level for crowded places.
The proposed app is based on the Ionic 2 framework. It’s sold separately because it’s a different technology and we plan to create different versions for different use cases. The app might not work with all phones and operating system versions.
Also it’s possible to create apps with different technologies based on the API.
Content like images, video and text which are shown when triggering scenarios, are hosted with the platform or on our own domain. This content is not cached or built into the app, so an internet connection is required to show the content.
This application required a name. Suppose we can name it as “BdFence”
What is BdFence
Mobile Marketing Platform with geofences, beacons & wifi. This is a unique opportunity to expand your services to the growing IoT market. Become a location marketing authority by providing high quality tools for Bluetooth beacons, geofences, WIFI and mobile content. The possibilities are endless and the market is open to explore.
How does it work?
People download the app (sold separately) and enter the code — or scan the QR — created for the event or location.
Content will show and in the background Bluetooth beacon and geofence scenarios are loaded. People will now receive notifications based on their location or proximity to objects.
What can WE do with this?
The BdFence Platform is a Swiss knife to create proximity campaigns and content for any type of business. The customer hospitality industry, stores, real estate, expositions, events. You name it.
Create scenarios with push notifications and content. Triggered by the GPS position of a smartphone or their proximity to a Bluetooth beacon.
- Welcome a user when he/she visits your event with general information
- Offer a free coffee when a user visits your restaurant
- Open a coupon when a user visits your store
- Open a loyalty card when a user is near the checkout
- Open a video when a user holds his/her phone near a product in your store
- Show multi language content for objects in your museum
- Notify tourists about nearby points of interest and local deals
- Show fun facts about animals in your zoo
- Show deals and discounts when users walk around stands
- Create an adventure story game in your amusement park
- Offer a meal deal on tuesday only
- Invite users for a lunch during weekdays in the morning
- Show different contextual content for object based on day, date and / or time
- Notify users about real estate they are nearby
- Send invitations to a party/wedding with a code or qr people can scan for surprises at the event
- Inform users about food and drinks at festivals
- Inform users about what band plays at what tent
- Let your creativity flow!